Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

I wish to invite my girlfriend over to the UK, she lives in

Customer Question

Hi, I wish to invite my girlfriend over to the UK, she lives in Ukraine. I believe i need to write/email a letter of invitation?
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: I live in the UK i am currently working in Asia
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: Short term just for a visit, long term marriage
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know as much as possible regarding this and when she would obtain citizenship etc in UK
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will be travelling to Russia next month and would like to get the letter etc prepared and any supporting material I may need to provide etc. I believe I may need to show my income, details of residence, that I can support her during her trip.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 12 days ago.

She will need a visa to enter the UK. Not simply a letter.

How long is she planning to visit for?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Visiting for one month at the most. I have been told a letter is required along with various proof that I will be hosting her/accooodating/can afford to keep her until she leaves uk.

She is basically applying for a standard visitors visa. It is a straight forward process and I attach herewith the link to the forms -

I hope that this helps and please rate positive.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, yes I am aware of the application process but why have many people told me to write a letter to my girlfriend? Is this to prove we are together and it is in writing that I am inviting her to the UK?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 days ago.

There really is no need at this time to write such a letter. You do not need to 'invite' her to visit or indeed confirm that she is your girlfriend for the purpose of a standard visitors visa. Please rate positive.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you