Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My dad has been accused of the possession of 8 indecent

Customer Question

My dad has been accused of the possession of 8 indecent images on his computer that were flagged. He openly admitted to looking at regular porn but says the were downloaded with other more normal things. He deleted it all of course but the police have turned up almost a yeah later and taken everything for a search. 8 understand that these websites often have things in their folders you might not want or download things without you knowing. But my dad is a good person and he's already had to quit his job, i know that a court should need to prove not only possession but also intent and knowledge of the possession but he really wouldn't do this and they're going to drag his name through the mud. Is there any way to avoid even him being put on a sex offenders register/ custodial sentence?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

You mean if he pleads or is convicted? To indecent images?