Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My sister was having an issue at work came home and called

Customer Question

My sister was having an issue at work came home and called her teachers helpline for support. She was pretty low being accused of racist comments which were found untrue and the accuser later dismissed on other grounds. The teachers helpline call handler called the police because she felt she was a danger to herself. My sister told the police to go away and called the helpline telling them off for doing this.She started the process of adopting and has failed at the first hurdle because the call came to light. As far as she was concerned she had forgotten about the incident and put it behind her. She managed to wipe the call to the helpline from her records but can't seem to exsponge the police visit and record. She was not arrested or taken away. She's tried to remove the police record and was told no. The adoption agency feel she lied which really is not the case and she is desperate to adopt. She's a good person respected at her school and holds a good middle manager position. Any advice to the removal of the police note.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in London
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: The record he removed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

So, is it just the record of the visit which she wants removing?

Do you know exactly where this features and what it says?

What have the police said about removing it?