Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I went to a football match match a few months ago. I was

Customer Question

I went to a football match match a few months ago. I was having a drink with 3 friends and a group of fellow supporters (10 -15 people) were outside a bar too enjoying the sunshine. A group 40-50 of opposing fans came round a corner and started fighting with everyone including families. We had no were to run to and all we could do was defendr ourselves. Another group of supporters were drinking further up the road and came to our assistance.They chased the offending group away but they were many scuffles. My question is am i guilty by assocition with following the group down the road by chasing them as you can imagine i was upset. The incident has been caught on cctv and i have to report to the police next week.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: sorry this is in the uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: cctv pictures have been issued of myself. outcome unsure.I have rung the police up and left messages but still no reply
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.

Please bear with me over the weekend because I will be online and off-line spasmodically and therefore, I may not get back stop

What exactly is it that you want to know about this?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Please bear with me over the weekend because I will be online and off-line spasmodically and therefore, I may not get back to you immediately

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I assisted with chasing the offending group away can I be charged with violent disorder even though I defended myself initially.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

It is good that you have been asked to attend a voluntary interview because if there was any doubt over whether you were detrimental in this, you would have been arrested and interviewed under caution.

It is still likely to be an interview under caution in which case, you would be entitled to have a solicitor present with you.

Whether you get charged or not depend on what the CCTV shows. There is no charge of being guilty by association but there is the possibility that you may be charged with affray, the offence of intentionally using or threatening unlawful violence. That would be the chasing. I think you have a defence however which would be self defence.

Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this?