Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I am likely to be charged with assaulting a police officer

Customer Question

I am likely to be charged with assaulting a police officer and threatening to kill a police officer at the station. I haven't been interviewed yet. I have mental health problems and the doctor at the station said i needed to be seen by psychiatrists. I was taken to hospital for five days. During my stay they informed the hospital of no further action. Then rang days later and said it wasn't up to the police who informed the hospital to do so. Then they rang back and said it was a mix up and only one charge of disorder was dropped. I have to go for a voluntary interview. Before the incident I was taken off my psychiatric meds by GP and consultant at hospital said i should not have been, he also gave another diagnosis in addition to my original. Off the meds I used alcohol to help calm me but drank too much and took sleeping tablets. The assault was when I was trying to get hand cuffs off in car by spitting on my hands, the officer tried to stop me and said I spat at her. By the time I got to the station the drink and tablets had taken more effect and I have no memory of threats to kill, but the police have a video. I was kept in police cell for more than 45 hours in much distress and the doctor gave me diazepam 3 times. My son rang constantly and the police told him I was fine and wouldn't let him speak to me - I was signed off as no longer needing to be in custody the night before but was waiting a full night and day to be taken to hospital still locked in cell.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 24 days ago.

I'm a criminal barrister, I can help with this.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Sorry, after writing so much I forgot the question - how serious is this and what is the likely outcome? Thanks
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Tried telephone N0 but is is not in service?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Tried putting my number in but not enough digits
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Telephone No. **********