Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Rented an apt in London UK October 2010 to May 2015 Rent

Customer Question

Rented an apt in London UK October 2010 to May 2015 Rent £3000 pounds per month Approx equivelent to $4500. With 6mths in advance Refund was accepted to me Excuse is property was sold a few months after our our departure 60 +Apts which originally belonged to the Crown My deposit was £3500 Apt was left in pristine condition .Our deposit is held with DPS UK I have asked numerous times for our refund do we have any recourse ??
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 26 days ago.

Under a tenancy deposit scheme a deposit must be refunded within 10 days of the end of the tenancy. If there is a dispute then within 10 days of agreement between the parties on deductions to cover damages, arrears etc.

Have you contacted the deposit scheme?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No damages I had A well highly accrediited cleaning crew who did a superb job yes I have contacted DPS .UK deposit protection scheme numerous times There has been no argument about the immaculate condition of the premises
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 25 days ago.

Is the deposit still registered with the scheme? When you contacted the scheme did you inform them that the tenancy had ended and deposit due back to you?

Have you had contact with the landlord regarding this?