Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My husband sold our matrimonial house for us (including our

Customer Question

My husband sold our matrimonial house for us (including our 2 children) to love Jamaica in his home town. Things have not worked out and the kids and I returned to the UK. He is here on holiday but will return to Jamaica shortly - alone. Can I serve divorce papers on him? I have tried contacting him about arrangements for the children but he refuses to answer.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

have you commenced the divorce yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

Well you would of course need to commence the divorce proceedings and then you could get the divorce petition served on him whilst he is in the country.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you