Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

In 2012 I was convicted for a drink driving offence. It was

Customer Question

Hi all,
In 2012 I was convicted for a drink driving offence. It was a day after the night before scenario and I was in an RTA having slipped the car over ice and hitting a roundabout and didn't have my blood taken until much later. They did a back trace based on the blood to prosecute me which I wanted to fight in court but my solicitor persuaded me not to as my highest priority was keeping my personal license and I was advised I didn't have to divulge the to the court anything that would make my circumstance worse and given that option I decided to plead guilty and not tell the court about my personal license. Naive of me I know and now I would like to apply for new jobs I don't know what the deal is. I'm guessing my personal license is forfeit but how do i get a new one? And am I in breech of the law if I apply and it comes back i have a drink drive offence? Basically I know I did wrong and should of told the court but where Domingo from here to set the record straight?
Many thanks for any advice anyone might be able to give.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you have not re-applied for your licence since you were disqualified?