Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas

I am serving in the british army but am now injured and now

Customer Question

i am serving in the british army but am now injured and now eventhough i am still good at my trade i cant be promoted am i entiteld to any compensation
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 28 days ago.

Assuming you were injured through no fault of your own and you can establish negligence on the part of another then, yes, you can.

In personal injury claims there is what is called a Smith and Manchester award, named after a case.

This is a very similar situation where you are now at a disadvantage at work, or should you later try to find work outside the army, as a consequence of your injury and you should be compensated for it.

Best regards