Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

What is an REIT and how do they work?

Customer Question

What is an REIT and how do they work?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Knowitalll replied 2 months ago.

REIT - stands for Real Estate Investment Trust. It is a pooled fund of many investors which invests its money in income producing real estate and mortgage loans. The concept originated in the US, but they are now world wide. They are considered securities and and many are publically traded. Here is more information on how they work. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reit.asp

A Five Star Rating would be much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appreciate you'd like a a 5 star Rating but you sent me a Investopedia link. Takes a tiny bit more than that friend.What are the op-ex allocations in an average fund? Investment criteria and investment horizon?
Which are the largest with agricultural or land holdings in Africa and the Middle East?

I just realized your in the UK, not USA. (It's early a.m) so I will opt out. If no one picks this up within a few hours, try re-posting. Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much, you as well.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 2 months ago.

I imagine that you have seen this kind of thing

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/specialist-issuers/reits/reits.htm

What exactly is it that you want to know about this?

Edited:

However, since posting this, i.e. notice the technical questions you have asked previously which are outside my sphere of expertise. Hence, I will opt out for another expert in the UK.