Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

My partner cam to uk from Iran in 1973, he has held a

Customer Question

My partner cam to uk from Iran in 1973, he has held a British passport for 43 years. He has been employed and is now a company director of 2 business, he recentkyabp
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: no uk, he recently applied for a business loan and gave his passport as Id it has come to light his passport shows an incorrect d.o.b. He has no idea how long it has been incorrect, he has renewed it many times. His bank and all his credit has been gained on his actual date of birth, since realising his passport has different detail ( only 1 month ) he wants to know how he can change it ?
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: No action has been taken at this point, we want his correct d.o.b on passport to match up to his financial profile,but he has no idea how long it's been incorrect ? He fears he could lose his passport ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Under the circumstances the best thing he can probably do is send the birth certificate and naturalisation certificate to UKBA and tell them what happened. It will then decide whether or not his passport should be amended. You can apply for a replacement passport here.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.