Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

Is Tina the lawyer available? I'm starting a new business,

Customer Question

Hi, Is Tina the lawyer available? I'm starting a new business, and need to know how to phrase a simple business contract. I will be a sales rep for a British company, making 10% of trade pricing for each sale. For each new client I bring in, that pay structure will continue in perpetuity. (I am open to suggestions on how to accurately track all sales?) I need to be paid within 30 days of each sale. Should I assign a term to this agreement, if I'd like to just try it and see how it goes? What other important info do I need to include? Thank you, Allison
Category: UK Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 months ago.

Tina has not answered any questions here since April 2016. Also, Tina is not a UK lawyer. I will ask customer service to transfer your question to the UK law section. Thanks for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I live in the United States, in AZ, but will be working with a company in the UK. Not sure if I need a UK lawyer, but guessing I don't. I filled in that section of the form because it asked...wasn't sure which place to pick.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer to write than talk right now.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or refer any particular lawyer to them. However, this link may help you find a business transactions lawyer in your area. Such an attorney can custom draft a sales representative agreement for you; but he/she may charge about $250 per hour and the cost may be about $1,000.00.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, then you can use the sample agreements below and borrow the terms and clauses that you feel suit your needs and create your own agreement:

ONE

TWO

THREE

As far as keeping track of sales, you may want to keep a log book and also copies of emails or invoices, etc .. for your records.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I realize there are legal templates available, but I am not an attorney, so I don't know what information is important to include. That's why I contacted JA, for guidance on what to say and how to say it.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

On the issue of what to say....the templates give you various clauses consisting of terms and conditions to choose from. On how to say it, those clauses are already worded; but yes, you may need to tweak them to your liking. We are not permitted to do that work for you since that would be considered us giving you legal advice. If that is what you need, then you will need to contact a local attorney.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I came to the legal department of JA for legal help. I didn't realize that the attorneys with JA could not adequately assist me with questions specific to my situation. That is misleading for a website to suggest it can answer an individual's questions, in a certain category, when in this circumstance, that is not the case.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry that you feel that way. You may want to re-read the JA's disclaimers regarding legal advice. Irrespective of whatever opinions you may hold, please know that we help thousands of people each month on Just Answer and have been doing so for several years now.