Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My cousin recieved an offer from a friend to invest $50k in

Customer Question

My cousin recieved an offer from a friend to invest $50k in a great opportunity.
He brough myself and a few of his family members in on the opportunty but the transaction is fully in his name and all the shares sit as far as the comapny is concerned.
I am about to pay him for my portiona nd would like to get an agreement drawn up to safeguard me aganist any potential loss (e.g. he passes away)
He is in the USA were the investment is based and I am in the UK. He is coming to the UK in November and I would like to sort out a legal agreement while he is here.
Please can you advise:
- What type of agreement we would need to draw up (Hopefully the agreement can be organised in the UK?)
- The types of documents he would need to bring with him to make this possible.
- The type of lawyer we we need to see
- Potential cost for this service.
Thankd Jo
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

No problem. I look forward to hearing from you.