Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I am in uk illegal fron 15 years and i have child 5 year but

Customer Question

I am in uk illegal fron 15 years and i have child 5 year but my wife also illegal what can i do for stay i dont want to go back my country india
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

If you have been in the UK illegally for a period of 14 years, you can make an application for Indefinte Leave to remain on the grounds of long residence.
I hope this answers your quetsion. If so, kindly rate positive.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think they finish 14 year and i need to wait 20 year

Yes but they are still using this period on discretionary grounds. This application may ask the Secretary of State to grant them a period of ‘discretionary leave’. Discretionary Leave is granted outside of the Immigration Rules and often includes claims made on a human rights basis, but it can also be granted in cases where a human rights claim fails. A good discretionary leave application will seek to argue a person’s circumstances and backgrounds such as their age, length of residence in the UK, strength of connections within the UK, personal history including character, conduct and employment record, domestic circumstances, previous criminal record and nature of any offence for which a person has been convicted, compassionate circumstances and any representations received on the person’s behalf. The Home Office will consider whether the person has ties back in their native country of origin or the country where they would have to go to if returned, and also if this would affect any children of the family. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I hope that this helped. Please can you rate POSITIVE for me. Thanks as this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.