Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have been suspended from work due to employer suspecting

Customer Question

I have been suspended from work due to employer suspecting money has been taken from an admissions till in a nightclub. There is no camera covering the actual till but there is one outside the hatch where customers pay. Due to the till not working properly all the payments just get put into till which is counted at the end of shift. The transactions then get rang in when matched with money taken. However employer believes, after studying the camera that the number of transactions rung into the till don't match up with the people entering the premises. With more than one person using the same till during a shift how can they prove who has taken the missing money?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 months ago.

I'm a criminal barrister. I think I might be able to assist.

How many other people used the till that evening? Do you know how much the till was out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2 people had access to the till and the amount the owner thinks has not been put down has yet to be disclosed
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, can you please tell me how long you have worked there for?