Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have been served with a PR31 Warning to Caveator and I

Customer Question

Hello, I have been served with a PR31 Warning to Caveator and I only have 8 days to respond to it. Can you help with the requisite form or wording please ?
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: many thanks
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: U.K.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is contentious probate with regard to my mothers estate who died intestate last year
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to respond today please. Are there any grounds for an extension of time , as the letter went to the basement flat and not my house and address was spelt incorrectly ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I entered a Caveat Probate to prevent my siblings from obtaining Letters of Administration, due to improper practices, mainly, destroying or hiding a Will, helping themselves to my mothers effects and I have had nothing, taking sums from her account after she died. So I insisted on a Joint Application with my sister, but she refused, she wants to be the sole administrator, and that is because she believes she is entitled to all my mothers estate. As she died intestate, I can't see why she thinks that. All I want is for her to withdraw her sole application for letters of admin and for us both to put in a joint one.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still have not had an answer
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.

I have just been handed this. What is the basis of your caveat?

The wording for an appearance which will need to be handed in at the district registry is as follows. The court should also have a copy of the form in any event at the court and you will need to ensure that you hand it in within the time period.

1. Appearance to Warning

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE CHANCERY DIVISION
    CHANCERY OFFICE (PROBATE)

In the estate of Deceased
    Enter an appearance for . .. . ..

(the Caveator)

in this matter. .. .. .. .. (Here set out the interest of caveator stating the date of the will, if any, under which such interest arises.)

Dated the day of 20 . . Signed .. . . .

(Solicitor or in person)

whose address for service is : .. .. ..

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do I send it too, and do I need to enter the date of the Caveat. Do I need to give reasons for the warning against me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the address for service, mine?

You should send to the address from which your received the caveat. The address for service is your address

Please rate positive.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I hope that this helped. Please can you rate POSITIVE for me. Thanks as this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.