Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I would like to recover several thousand pounds worth of my

Customer Question

I would like to recover several thousand pounds worth of my property after a 7 year relationship break up. Some was bought before we even met and some after. The before the relationship things are being kept as well as the more recent ones with the reasoning that they were bought within our relationship and somehow become her property. I am not asking for anything of her's, nor any gifts given to her. I was living with her and was asked for her key back which by law I can't keep. Obviously I now cannot get access to it. She has allowed me some of it but just what she doesn't want. I have given her a list of my property I require but she just ignores my emails and texts. what do I do please?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oh. I'm in the UK, i take it you're not
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I have just ashed for my property to be returned to me. I just want my property back.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Were you married and how much are you seeking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Living together. I am not looking for money I just want my property back, but if I were to pot a figure on it about 4000 ponds

Ok. If the money is properly owed and they will not give the money back then you would be entitled to bring a claim against them in the county court. You can bring a claim at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just want my property returned!

I see. Then you can apply to the court for the return of items which she has kept. You should provide her with a list of the items and that if they are not returned then you would apply to the court for their return and your costs.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, thank you.

My pleasure. Can you please rate positive for me. Thanks

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I hope that this helped. Please can you rate POSITIVE for me. Thanks as this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you.