Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have made a court undertaking, so has my ex wife. the

Customer Question

I have made a court undertaking, so has my ex wife. the undertaking says it is valid for 12 months ...........it expires 29th Sept 2016
Do all conditions then expire??
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 6 months ago.

Could you please let me know what the Undertakings say?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was a joint undertaking............ it stated that I was not to attend or visit the former matrimonial home ( that we jointly own).
It was an acrimonious divorce there was no violence from either side.
My ex wife was going for an occupancy non molestation order but it was agreed between counsel that an undertaking be giving..
It was jointly undertaken we would not "harrass" each other............it was a tit for tat situation.
The undertaking stated it was valid for 12 months

Thanks for your reply.

As the joint Undertaking does specify that it is restricted for 12 months, you are only bound by it for the 12 months. So, you are correct- once the 30th September arrives neither you nor your ex are bound by the Undertaking.

I hope this clarifies the position to you.

Kind Regards

Al

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.

were there any other court orders made at the same time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it was just that one thank you.
I had to move out & move in with my new partner.
She has moved her new man into the FMH
The house has bee on the market for 2 years, there is no mortgage so she is no rush.............I am intending to go back to the house, hopefully boyfriend will leave & I can get house in order to sell

Yes then that makes perfect sense. The undertaking looks to be in place either of a non molestation or occupation order. You are perfectly entitled should you so wish to attend upon the property after the 30 September 2016. I hope that this helps.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hi, can I assist any further? If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Can you please rate POSITIVE for the answers which I have provided. Happy to assist further. Thanks