Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

What people can sign /witness a stat Dec other than a

Customer Question

What people can sign /witness a stat Dec other than a solicitor please
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: Uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I have the stat Dec for change of name S went back to maidan name but need it witnessed asap It's for a passport application
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had my name change done in 1998 but no documentation left so passport said need stat Dec I have typed this up as instructed but not sure who can sign as solicitors can't do soon enough
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Apart from a solicitors, the following can swear a statutory declaration:

{C}1. A notary

{C}2. A justice of the peace

{C}3. A commissioner of oaths

{C}4. A legal Executive

If you require it done quickly, then you should use the law society find a solicitor website to located the closest to you to see if there is a local solidfitor or legal executive willing to do it:

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

If you are still really struggling then I would call your nearest court. They will have a commissioner of oaths who will be able to swear it for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

You can also usually take it into your local court and they will do it on the spot there and there - the court office will have a member of staff who can do it for you for free.

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Can you please rate POSITIVE for the answers which I have provided. Happy to assist further. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 month ago.