Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am looking for case law surrounding unpaid invoices for

Customer Question

I am looking for case law surrounding unpaid invoices for contractors.
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: In the UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: A claimed ha's been filed in Court. The defendant, after a year, only now wants to meet to discuss Defendant is arguing that the work the contractor carried out was not satisfactory and that there were issues. Claimant was allowed to go to site for 35 days, in which the customer had no issues with the contractor and signed the contractors jobsheet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Defendant is also arguing that there T&C's state that if customer is unhappy with work or work is not satisfactory that payment will be withheld. And that the was a scope creep on the project. Claimant was never advised of such terms nor ever laid eyes on the T&C that defendant is trying to depend on. Claimant had an ad hoc per job request relationship with defendant and never had a contract. Defendant changed how work was to be assigned by way of a new portal system. When this happened claimant was sent an email informing claimant of this, however the email expressly said, "....engineers need not do anything...everything will be transferred automatically...". Émail never stated that new T&Cs were attached to the portal.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Ok - have you issued court proceedings and has a defence been filed?