Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I was stopped yesterday by TFL inspector as I was using my

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I was stopped yesterday by TFL inspector as I was using my sisters BTP (British transport Police) Oyster card.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: i know this was wrong and was only doing so as I am waiting for my new annual season ticket from work. This is in London (UK) I was honest with the inspector and he seemed fair with me at the end of the questions he said TFL may or may not write to me he said my sister would not be contacted as I took the card and she did not offer it. He kept it and said he would destroy it. Should he did not give me any piece of paper and off I went on my way. Not sure what to do now
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: No action it only happened yesterday morning.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: should I write to TFL showing remorse I know what I did was wrong have never been in trouble ever I accept I will probably be fined but terrified of a court request or criminal record my sister is fuming with me as obviously had to own up to her but the TFL man said she would not be contacted as she did not knowingly give it to me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Are you asking what the penalties would be?