Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Property buying

Customer Question

property buying
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I paid a deposit for a property through an agency of 3000 pounds and signed a reservation form online, after agreeing on a price which was e-mailed in details to me, the developers and the agency. 10 days later, the agency calls to tell me there was a little mistake between them and the developer, and that they giving me an extra 1000 pound off. I can no longer trust them, but want my reservation fee, because they changed their minds- I didn't. Now agency is asking me to pay 495 pounds- upon completion (property is new built -but is completed and I viewed it) and they will take the property off the market and ask for no further payment. Are they to be trusted???attached is the form I signed and reciptBelow is their fishing e-mails::1- to inform of a mistake:
Hi Monirah,I just wanted to inform you that there has been a mistake on the reservation form that was sent to you. The discount is £3,500 which is what was agreed by all parties, but for some reason the reservation form says £4,500 which is incorrect. Would you like me to change this for you automatically or would you like me to resend the reservation form again for you to sign?I await your response.Kind regards,2- to ask for 495 upon completionHi Munerah,Thank you for your patience,As requested I would like to put into writing for you that if you return an email stating that you will be paying the further £495 upon completion of the property then we will take the property off the market and also not be requesting any further monies from yourself,Therefore, the price you will be paying overall is £127,995, baring in mind you have already paid £3,000 it will leave the outstanding balance to £124,995,Kind Regards,
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I want sth really binding what should I ask them to do?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I requested and sent this e-mail now:As requested I would like to put into writing for you that if you return an email stating that you will be paying the further £495 upon exchange of contracts on the property then we will take the property off the market and also not be requesting any further monies from yourself,Therefore, the price you will be paying overall is £127,995, baring in mind you have already paid £3,000 it will leave the outstanding balance to £124,995,In relation to commitment from Pinnacle, we are your brokerage and it is only us that needs to commit to the agreement, they will not be coming back with further money needed I have confirmed this many times with them and yourself,
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please call on 00966550077717 urgently
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 3 months ago.

Do you want to discuss this via phone?

Where is the number based which you have provided?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please
my number is *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
saudi Arabia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you give me a number I can call you myself
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I still haven't had a response and you have taken 36 dollars
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It has also taken more than 2 hrs!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Liars is the word