Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My mother is a limited owner of a house and farm. This means

Customer Question

my mother is a limited owner of a house and farm. This means that the property is hers for her lifetime but she cannot sell it. If my mother was incapacitated and could not mentally make a decision to release her hold on this property could the trustees sell it and buy another property and give her limited ownership a before.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 months ago.

1. Dear Beth, can you better explain the situation. What type of interest does your mother own? Is there a trust in place? You make reference to 'trustees" - who are the trustees and what are the terms of the trust? Who holds the remainder of the trust interests?