Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I used a company to handle my divorce. We received decree

Customer Question

I used a company to handle my divorce. We received decree nisi, and they had the request for decree absolute on file, for submission after 6 weeks and a day. I sent an email to request that they hold off on sending the final doc. They confirmed that it was on hold and notes were placed on the file. Yesterday I received the decree absolute from the court. Looks like a catastrophic administration error. What can be done?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: England & Wales (London)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope, not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no, that's it. I can give specific dates etc.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Are you the petitioner or the respondent?

Why did you want to delay the absolute and what is the effect of it having been granted against your specific instructions?