Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Please advise if siblings 13 & 16) and parents are eligible

Customer Question

For Ben Jones' Please advise if siblings 13 & 16) and parents are eligible to claim for severe emotional distress/PTSD diagnosed, as a result of the murder of my son in 2015. We have been given the CIB mandatory payment only. My career has disintegrated non excistent- I was a teacher. We would like to sue the probation service for failing to adequately support an offender with two community orders at the time of the unprovoked attack upon our son. SFO report includes 32 areas of non compliance by probation service to correctly supervise the offender. We are not in a position financially or via household insurance to fund such an expensive case/claim. My teaching career is now in tatters, having being diagnosed with PTSD.... CIBpayment is the only compensation we have received as the offender was unemployed...
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wales, uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: No action taken yet, due to the cost implications. Legal advise has been sought and ideally we would hope for a QC to operate on a pro bono basis. Win case for damages/compensation for each family member .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have been trying for the ast 16 months to gain answers and accountability from Wales CRC/ MOJ. Many meetings with agencies that are distressing, MOJ concluded that death was 'unforseeable' despite escalation in offenders violence,drug and alcohol misuse.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, thanks for requesting me - unfortunately this is a question which is not within my area of law. I will open to it to all other experts and someone will hopefully pick it up soon. Please do not reply to this as it will just lock the question back to me. Many thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
DISAPPOINTING NOT TO HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM A SOLICITOR WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THIS PARTICULAR AREA.