Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I dealt with a company january 2015 SJ consultant surveyors,

Customer Question

Good Afternoon
I dealt with a company january 2015 SJ consultant surveyors, at the time they were going to proceed with a reduction on our rateable value of rates. They ask me to sign for the two companies which were £600.00 each unit,i asked if we wern't eligable can we have our money back before i signed the cheque, he replied yes if you dont get any reduction your money will get returned to you.
Ive spoken with head office on many occasions, and they dont seem to worry as they said you should have read the small print, and the employee has now left.
Ive spoken to a proffesional on this and he advised me to contat the ombusman as he said we will get our money back.
Jus t so annoyed how unfair we have been treated the phone number for the company is 0161(###) ###-####
our post code for the companys are cf5 5nJ
Hope you can guide me in the right direction
Many thanks
Debbie
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hope im on line as ive put my card details over and paid .
Thanks
debbie
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 months ago.

Good evening. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.

Your experience is extremely common. I had a client in exactly the same situation although the companies who promised the rate reduction didn’t come up with the goods and then tried to sue her for the fee! We got rid of them.

Your situation is a bit different, because you paid money upfront and you were told by the salesman that you could have your money back.

It may have been in the small print but if the small print was given to you after you sign the cheque and gave it to him, they cannot rely on that because it is post contractual.

I wouldn’t be hanging around. Put it in writing and tell them that they have until Friday week, 26 August to refund you in full failing which you will issue Small Claims Court proceedings without further notice. If they don’t refund you, then on the 27th, issue Small Claims Court proceedings against them you can do quickly and easily here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

the court will then decide whether you are entitled to this refund or not.

Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this? Please don’t forget to use the rating service to rate my answer positively. Unless you rate it positively, I don’t get paid. You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating, but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything needs clarification.

Kind regards.

Stuart

Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 3 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/9v48i-dealt-company-january-2015-sj-consultant-surveyors.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 months ago.

It seems that you contacted customer services over something but they can’t get back to you. If you post on here what the query is, I will endeavour to deal with it for you.