Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

I married a zimbawean man nearly 10 years ago and we r not

Customer Question

I married a zimbawean man nearly 10 years ago and we r not living together anymore he has moved on living with someone else. Is he's visa still vaild he has told me he has cancelled it
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Married
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He has another child with his new girlfriend I have been asking for a divorce for a long time but he's putting it off
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

There is nothing to stop you from presenting a divorce. Your spouse can defend a divorce by claiming that the facts relied on in the petition are not true, for example, that they did not commit adultery or that you have not been separated for five years. This could mean that you have to delay your divorce, unless you can petition for divorce on a different basis, for example, demonstrating that the marriage has irretrievably broken down and that your spouse's behaviour has been unreasonable. At worst, this might mean that you have to separate from your spouse for five years before you can get divorced.So there is nothing to stop you from starting the process.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you