Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

I own a hydroponic store in the uk and was wondering if it

Customer Question

Hi I own a hydroponic store in the uk and was wondering if it would be illegal for me to open another company online only selling cannabis seeds as souvenirs? Both company's will never work hand in hand and the online shop will be targeting USA, Europe and the U.K.? I have spoken to a lot of people about this and I'm getting a lot of different answers, so I thought it best to ask a professional before I make a move on it. Thank you.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The U.K.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like what?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It is not illegal in England to buy or sell cannabis seeds. They are used in bird seed. It is illegal to grow cannabis, so you must not germinate the seeds. Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi thanks for the reply, would it be illegal for my wife to open an online shop selling cannabis seeds as I already own a grow shop? They will not operate together, or trade from the same address.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. There is no issue with this at all. Your wife can operate a separate business. She may want to consider running it as a limited company to avoid any personal liability associated with running a business. Kind regards AJ