Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I have been arrested while coming back from Holidays on

Customer Question

I have been arrested while coming back from Holidays on allegation of Domestic Violence from my wife doctor. She stated the event happened in early June but made the complaint in July. I am on bail and cant see or contact my wife. My is back in country as well and possibly will make the statement that nothing / no violence has happened and she dont want any further action. My and her personal and private life is effecting big time from all this and we want to live with each other.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been arrested and now on bail. My wife is going to give her statement today that nothing has happened and she dont want any further action on this, so this matter can be closed. What you suggest
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

It is not that simple.

Has she made a statement already saying that something did?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No she didnt made any statement yet.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She didnt made any statement to the police. But she told her doctor that i banged her head on table but doctor couldnt find any bruises , and event happened in June but doctor reported in July.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, well, it is all fairly common. I don't know whether there are or are not many genuine victims for domestic abuse but most of the allegations that come to attention are just childish people using the police as a mediation service. If they had to pay even £5 to call the police we would never hear about domestic abuse again.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Did she call the police?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, she never called the police and she dont want this matter to go in court at all. We are happy couple and dont want to ruin our relationship.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Who did call the police?

Are you confident she didn't call the police? In fairness, they must have received a report from somewhere.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
110% confident she didnt call the Police. Her doctor called the police after a month of the event. Event happened in June and doctor called the police in July while me and she was on holidays.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She went to Police station but didnt give any statement as she was not feeling well so she asked time from Police to give statement today. Now what should she say to Police, if police ask is that event happened? as she have told her doctor it happened but want to deny it now as nothing happened.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Did she sign the officer's notes at the station?

I'm going to be travelling now so offline until about 1pm but I will pick up then.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no signed nothing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is going for statement today could you please answer the above question
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello could you answer please
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 months ago.

And what are you now seeking? (can you remember the chambers?)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there, my wife has given the statement in my favour yesterday and we want to know how long CPS would take to conclude the matter? The allegation was not from my wife but my wife doctor. She said event happened in start of June and made allegation in July.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, ignore my post it was meant for another customer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you answer me