Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I need help with these two business owners who conned me to

Customer Question

Hi
I need help with these two business owners who conned me to invest £100,000 into their investment, and as the course of events didn't eventuate as they said they would, I asked some questions at a meeting I had with the MD about 10 months later. He said I'll get the information to you within 3 weeks, Since then he employed a lawyer and hasn't spoken to me since then, which was around October Last year..
I employed a lawyer but the game they play is to continue running up lawyers fees as they know they have more money and I won't be able to afford to get them to court..
It's a very long story and a lot of details, so this is hoping someone can help me, and then you will hear the course of events in their entirety..
Thank you
Tim
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Did you receive shares in a limited company for your investment? Whose bank account did you pay the money to? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi AJInitially I Loaned the money to a limited company and transferred the money to their English bank account, they talked to me about this platform they had been building and it was going live in January 2015. I told them from the very first time they mentioned it that I was happy loaning the money on the monthly interest rate they offered and I wasn't interested in tying all my money up in something long term..
So quite quickly they had me up for a couple of lunches , and kept mentioning this platform, and then in November 2014 I received a call from the CEO's secretary inviting me to his home for lunch, and while I was there we were chatting about life in general and then he dropped this platform investment topic again, went through all the details and values and where it was going, to which I once again replied I don't want to invest all my money into 1 thing.. He responded with " I'll tell you what Tim, in January property deals start flowing in and how about we start doing property development together, I'll buy them, you renovate them quickly and we'll split the profits!! this will keep your cash flow coming in"
This pushed me over the edge and here we are 18 mths later and not one property deal came through and then I asked some questions about the shares as the documentation that eventually came after asking for it for about 10 months, stated different information to the deal that was sold to me.
Not long after this they stopped all communication and said it was in the hands of their lawyers and communicate only through the lawyer now..
Regards
Tim Weston
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Thank you. Do you know whether the limited company is still trading? Technically this is a loan and you can sue the company to recover it. Do you have any form of receipt for the money? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi AJ
The company I made the initial loan to is limited and is still trading, what I forgot to mention was the platform is under a offshore
company based in Belize..
And yes I would like to talk with you on the phone at the very least, as it is a long story and this is just the basic explanation.
Could we maybe talk on phone in a couple of days?
Regards
Tim