Experience:  Solicitor at Bonnetts

I switched from Vodafone to O2 in January 2015, and Vodafone

Customer Question

I switched from Vodafone to O2 in January 2015, and Vodafone sent me my final bil of £86.72 which I paid on 1 March 2015.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have been checking my credit file and they have entered late payments for March, April and May and a default account for June 2015, exactly for the same I amount I paid in March. That has lowered my credit score I was surprised why my application for loans have been declined. I have never defaulted, no late payments as I switched and paid their last bill
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: I have not talked to a lawyer yet.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have proof of payment on my bank account. My credit score has fallen dramatically due to the three late payments and default entered on my credit file
Category: UK Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 3 months ago.

Have you spoken to Vodafone? Have you sent them evidence of payment?

It is possible to have your credit file corrected to show payment was made and that the phone company has registered a default in error.

If you have not done anything yet you should write to Vodafone and send a copy of your statement and their last bill as evidence of payment. Give them 21 days to respond in writing acknowledging their error. Vodafone should inform Equifax etc of the error but if you get written acknowledgement from Vodafone you could do this yourself.

There is also a function on Equifax for you to report this direct. You could write to them with the invoice and statement showing that you made payment.

Do you have any further questions or queries?

Happy to help further.

Please can I ask you to accept / positive rate so that I receive credit. Thanks.