Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

I am being asked by the buyer of my house to replace a wine

Customer Question

I am being asked by the buyer of my house to replace a wine fridge / cooler (free standing though installed between 2 cupboards, under the worktop). The item was not listed as an 'other' item on the TA10 form when I completed it though I had ticked the boxes to indicate that the 'FITTED', 'REFRIGIRATOR / FRIDGE FREEZER" was "INCLUDED".
My belief is that it was an oversight on my behalf not to include the wine cooler under the OTHER heading but that as the front of the form states:
"The aim of this form is to make clear to the buyer which items are included in the sale. It must be completed accurately by the seller as the form may become part of the contract between the buyer and seller”.
Is it therefore an assumption on his behalf that something is included if not listed? Does he have a leg to stand on? Can he pursue me through legal channels?
Kind regards
Rupert Panes
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hi Rupert, thanks for your enquiry. Just so I am clear, could you please confirm that you did have a separate refridgerator/fridge freezer in the house and that this was left for your Buyer? Al

Hi Rupert,

I look forward to hearing from you.