Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

Just wanted to ask if it is legal to import steroids, which

Customer Question

hi,
just wanted to ask if it is legal to import steroids, which is Part 1, First & Third Schedules Poison to hong kong for personal use.
thank you
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

ANSWER:

First read this post and this one. It appears that in order to legally import the steroids, you will need to first have a prescription and then apply for an import license.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just got a reply from the ministry of health and I don't don't need to obtain a licence or a prescription as long as the package has the ingredient name. Thanks
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

That's interesting. I wonder why they posted those laws then. In any case, I am glad you found a solid answer from them.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They said as long as it is for personal use and not exceed an amoint, I'm allowed to bring it myself, but if I bring more than personal use then I will need to obtain a licence.The dangerous drug law was for weed and cocaine etc.
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

I read a similar posting to that effect while trying to finding an answer for you; but I could not tie it to any Hong Kong law; so I opted to not give you that information because I was not able to verify its accuracy. Thanks for the insight. I tried the steroid injections and the accompanying Hgh injections for a year through a doctor's prescription here in the USA. I stopped taking them as I could intuitively sense they were not good for my long-term health. Your experience may be different; but I offer my personal experience up to you as a fellow human.