Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

We have a lane to the back of our houses about 11 in total7

Customer Question

we have a lane to the back of our houses about 11 in total*****7 the other way years back prob 20 or more the neighbours agreed with the man who owned all the land behind the lane to move thelane fence back 6 ft onto his field for fifty pound each on the condition he could put a gate in the fence so he could access his field through the lane no prob but now he lets the field to some young girl with horses again no prob but now she has put a caravan on the land and we think her ex boyfriend who has just came out of prison is living there and hes always in lane working on cars he also dumped one which we had to get moved we have told them its a private lane and they have access to the field only but they wont listen so we are trying to find out who owns the lane my neighbours who have been here since 1957 always believed it belonged to the houses and have always maintained it but looking on my deeds it states i have a right to access to my rear garden the council have said its not theres what can we do thanks.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: bristol uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no to expensive
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no thats it thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 months ago.

I need some more information from you please. I am off-line shortly until tomorrow will pick this up then.

What do you mean by total*****7 the other way? I don’t understand.

Have you done a search of the index map at the land registry to find out whether it’s owned or asked the local authority?

Have you reported the living in the caravan to the planning department?

Apart from being unsightly, what problem does the car on the lane cause?

What do you want to happen?