Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Is this all confidential? basically, my friend was arrested

Customer Question

is this all confidential?
JA: We keep all your personally identifiable information confidential and even have people that double check to make sure something doesn't slip through. Your question goes out to the Lawyer's and then gets published with the answer to help others with similar problems.
Customer: basically, my friend was arrested with drug, and the police suspect he's a drug dealer, but they arrested 3 others on suspicion of being involved etc
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: uk plymouth
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes, but anyway the police have rebailed us numerous times now, it's coming up to 6 months, while they wait on an expert witness report on the phones, despite my friend confessing to using my phone
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: to no comment
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no because i am honestly innocent, my friend was using my phone without my knowledge and admitted that to me on a later date
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just needed some advice in terms of what can i do now
and what are the most likely outcomes?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Do about what specifically?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like my bail to be shortened as there's evidence to say I am innocent, and I dont understand why it's taking this long for the police to actually deal with it. It's begin to impede on my mental and physical health as I have been on bail now for nearly 6 months
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would not like to accept a live call
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

There is no way of forcing the police to make a decision faster I'm afraid.

Bail periods were considered by the recent Home Office committee in relation to allegation of sexual twaddle and there was condemnation but the law has not changed. We do not have a statute of limitations in the UK.