Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My daughter lived on and off years in mexico and worked as a

Customer Question

my daughter lived on and off for 5 years in mexico and worked as a primary school teacher for about 3 years . however she was never resident there .
She is married to a Mexican .
she has now returned to the UK and has been offered a job ( verbally(as a teaching assistant at a state primary school subject to obtaining a CRB check from the mexican embassy.
Whilst the Mexican embassy said that this should not be a problem , because she has never been a resident ( she went in and out of mexico on a tourist visa) they have no records of her and will not provide a letter confirming this .
the school have given her until Monday to provide this from the Mexican embassy and it looks as though she will lose the job.
What can she do?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 3 months ago.

Is she still in contact with the primary school?