Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

How does a charge of petty theft stay on your record? Can

Customer Question

How long does a charge of petty theft stay on your record?
JA: Dealing with charges can be stressful, but getting correct information now can only help. Fortunately, the attorneys have a lot of experience with this, and I'd love to connect you with the one who's the best fit.
Customer: Can you advise me as to what to expect following a first time offense of stealing £200
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: She hasn't been charged yet, went to police on Monday and they haven't got back to her. She is siicilian with very poor English
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Have you actually been charged yet?

Where did the money come from?

Has it been repaid?

Can we have as much background detail as possible please? Thank you