Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

I have a niece and sister in England. the niece called my

Customer Question

I have a niece and sister in England. the niece called my Moms insurance company and impersonated my sister in an attempt to get information. My sister impersonated my Mom and gave the insurance company permission to release information. My good sister intercepted the mail from the insurance company at my Moms house with her permission. The insurance company recorded the call and I have heard. It continues. My niece has gained entry to my Moms house without permission using my sisters key and ransacked my Moms paperwork looking for the mail from the insurance. She was seen entering my Momshouse. What can they both be charged with?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Why did they do this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because they are trying to obtain her money. They had her sign a one sided will but that has now been changed. My mother does not want them in her house anymore. What is the English equivalent of the U. S "Power of attorney?"
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Who's money?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My Moms insurance money,they are trying to get everything they can
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

It depends really.

It is potentially a fraud or a conspiracy.

The insurance company would have to complain though as they are the losers rather than your mother.

Also, the insurance company may take some convincing that your mother was not involved.

But if this is a fraudulent claim then there is an argument on that point.

Can I clarify anything for you?