Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My sister's husband left her 12 years ago and hasn't been

Customer Question

my sister's husband left her 12 years ago and hasn't been seen since. My sister wants to exchange her council house, but the court have told her that because her husband is still on the tenancy she cannot move without his permission. We have tried to find him but believe he has left the country.Is there anything she can do. At the court the judge said there was nothing he could do as the law is that if he is on the tenancy she needs his agreement
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: shall i wait
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: only that the husband has one living relative who is his brother, but he has no idea where he is and hasn't seen him for 10 years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.

What was the court application for? Was it in respect of the tenancy or was it in respect of something else and the issue of the tenancy cropped up?