Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

If a named driver never told the main deiver of a dr10

Customer Question

If a named driver never told the main deiver of a dr10 conviction can the insurance void ?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: The named driver has hardly if infact drove the car since she / he had the policy but has been a named deiver for a few yrs and never told the main deiver of the dr10
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No an isurance company are looking into a claim of total loss and have now asked for the named drivers licence ect but she/never declered it to myself or the insurance
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I hold gap insurance as the car was financed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note: No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here. Also, please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1. Did the named driver not make honest disclosure about it to the insurer at the time the insurer asked that information; or did the insurer fail to ask before including the named driver on the policy?