Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas

The home that i live in is in a trust. my mother is the

Customer Question

hello, the home that i live in is in a trust. my mother is the trustee and my daughter is the beneficiary. my husband has recently got a 2nd wife in pakistan and will be leaving the family home to live in pakistan. would he be allowed to come back int the property whenever he likes. can i change the locks and if he breaks them, inform the police that he has broken entry into a property that is not his.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 4 months ago.

The trustee of the property can decide who resides in the property. Your husband resides there because he is permitted to he cannot return unless the trustee permits otherwise he would be a trespasser and can be forced to leave by the police. The trustee can change the locks

If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Best wishes

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is he allowed back into property via the police to collect the rest of his belongings. He is currently in the process of obtaining a shipping container and transporting all the electrical goods from our home to Pakistan. Is he allowed to do this I.e. remove washing machine. Oven. Hoover etc. Items that I use on a daily basis?Thanks.

if you bought them , or you used joint funds or they were presents to you then he cannot take them.

If there are children living in the house I would refuse on the basis that it will cause them hardship.

If they are his and you refuse to give him access he can obtain an order from the court to gain access to them.

I think he is being malicious because the goods cannot be worth the cost of transporting them to Pakistan.