JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I have been accused of sending takeaways and taxis to a

Customer Question

I have been accused of sending takeaways and taxis to a family member who I don't get on with and haven't spoken to in over 5 years. This has completely come out of the blue. I have told the police I know absolutely nothing about it but don't know how to prove this. They've have said they can't think who else it would be? ....oh ok then so it must be me!!! They have said if it continues they will have to give an harassment warning! Where do I stand here, surely this can't happen. How do I prove it's not me .....I'm furious
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 months ago.

The police are having you on in the hope that they will get something from you that might help them. They can't do anything without evidence. If there is no evidence they can't come near you. If they come back tell them to go away and come back with some evidence. It's not for you to prove your innocence. It's for them to prove they have a case against you. If they get lippy with you, get their numbers and put in a formal complaint about them. They will soon back down.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's great thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 5 months ago.

You're welcome. Please leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time.