Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I recently paid £250 cash (to be followed by £100)

Customer Question

I recently paid £250 cash (to be followed by £100) for a wheelchair from FMS Mobility Centres in Ruislip. Two days after ordering it I decided I could not cope with it and phoned to cancel it. I was told this was a Special Order which could not be cancelled and no refund could be made. I was not made aware that this was any sort of special order as this was a normal stock item. I was told to pay the remaining £100. collect the wheelchair and sell it myself if I did not want it. They still have my £250 which to my mind they have stolen.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not as far as I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Did you receive a receipt for the amount you paid in cash?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Did you receive a receipt for the amount you paid in cash?