Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My son aged 22 is going to court next Tuesday on a drunk &

Customer Question

Hi, My son aged 22 is going to court next Tuesday on a drunk & disorderly charge. It`s his 1st court appearance and is pleading guilty. What is the likely outcome ?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

What was the nature of the conduct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jo, The 1 x charge reads : On 03/04/2016 at Aylesbury in a public place named George St, were guilty, while drunk, of disorderly behaviour. Legislation : `contrary to section 91(1) of the criminal justice act 1967.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Ok. But what is he said to have done?

What was the disorderly conduct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry , He was verbal abusive and resisted arrest.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Ok. But what is he said to have done?

What was the disorderly conduct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Now I have the full story....He was attacked in a nightclub ( there are two witnesses ). The other chap came off worse, no charges are being pressed by either party. My son was evicted from the nighclub and refused to go home when advised by the police. We will discuss this with the on-site court solicitior on the day. Is this the best thing to do ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

I'm slightly surprised they want to prosecute drunk and disorderly. They rarely do. Usually it is just a fixed penalty fine.

In any event, if this remains a drunk and disorderly then it will just carry a fine.

It is generally better to be represented but the duty solicitor might not be able to see him as it does not normally fall within the criteria.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo