Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Uk Law: When making an appeal to a Circuit Judge, does this

Customer Question

Uk Law:
When making an appeal to a Circuit Judge, does this mean that it goes to the Court of Appeal?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

good morning. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.

Could you explain your situation in a little more detail please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the form: Apellant's Notice N161 (All appeals except small claims track appeals)In Section 11: Supporting Documents and in the Knowledge that I have to make the appeal to a Circuit Judge, what should it be:- "In the County Court of High Court"or:- "In the Court of Appeal"My guess is the first: "In the County Court of High Court"Am I right? This is Urgent so Yes or No, please.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

I need to know which court the decision is that you are appealing from.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
County Court.
I don't see the form n161 asking me anything from which court, obviously this is the form I was given IN the court.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Which court was the original matter in. What is it that you are appealing?

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.

In your case you are appealing as I understand it from a district judge to a circuit judge. This does not mean the court of appeal it stays within the county court. I hope that answers your questions. Please rate positive.

for the avoidance of doubt it is just called the 'county court' and not the county court of the high court. Please rate positive.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. For some reason, your answer advising me of the County Court crossed with my question about which court the original matter was in. I see now that is the County Court.

Your initial appeal therefore of the district judges finding is to the High Court or County Court and you should fill in the first section of 11.

If you are still going further with the appeal, for the next appeal you would fill in the next section, Court of Appeal

Kind regards.

My colleague is not correct in your case about the appeal going to the high court. It would go to the county court.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you