Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

Divorce what the cheap way of getting a divorce I'm on esa

Customer Question

Divorce what the cheap way of getting a divorce I'm on esa metal breakdown and. Been apart for 5 years now Can you put me in the right way to go about it
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Getting divorced is not particularly expensive. It is arguing over money and children which bumps the cost up.

Assuming that neither of those are going to be an issue, as you have lived apart for 5 years, you can get divorced even if you’re spouse does not consent.

The government have produced these webpages to assist in the process which also point you in the direction of the forms.

https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview

Does that answer the question?

Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get credit for my time today. You may get the impression the thread closes after rating, but it does not, it remains open and you can still follow up any points which need clarification.

Kind regards