Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Uk Law - Criminal Law Is it a Criminal Offence to Lie under

Customer Question

Uk Law - Criminal Law
Is it a Criminal Offence to Lie under Oath in a hearing and what are the Consequences In General Terms?
I only need a Yes or No answer, please do Not respond with another Q at this moment in time.
I believe the answer to be affirmative but I need confirmation.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Yes it is. It is perjury and /or contempt of court and/or perverting the course of justice

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank You for the complete response, Mr. StuartJ.
As part of my initial Q:
What are the Consequences In General Terms?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.

I see you have been waiting for an answer. It is potentially something which could result in prison.

do you have any additional questions?

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Please rate

do you have any additional questions on this thread?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have additional Qs which I will be making in due time if I need to -I don't want to be rushed into asking Qs and wasting both our times, however:
As You Very Kindly Invervened and Completed the response, I rated You 5* last Sunday, Mr. Judge: can You see it?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

This has popped back into my inbox to deal with as I picked up the thread initially and I have to deal with my inbox questions first before dealing with new users.

The rating system doesn’t appear to have worked so if you could try it again, we would be obliged.

The thread does remain open and you can still ask follow-up questions on this subject on this thread.

Thank you. Kind regards

Thank you for coming back to me. No it does not appear to have been rated on this thread as you expected. If you would like to try again for me then that would be fabulous. If you have any additional questions I would of course be delighted to assist.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.