Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Found out on 20th May that I got an attachment of order

Customer Question

Found out on 20th May that I got an attachment of order through work where it says to pay a fine, so dug a little deeper and off chance looked on my licence online and it says I got a ms90 for a speeding fine in Aug 15 and failed to reply who the driver is but I moved out of my address but sold my car in April 15 anyway (got proof) sent my green slip off to dvla to say iv sold it
Iv got court 3rd June to swear a statuary declaration as I knew nothing of the court date what they did in my absence in Feb 16 that's where they give me 6 points £660 fine and a ms90 on my licence
When I go back to court on 3rd of July what do i actually say? Cause iv got proof that I didn't own the car and proof that I moved out before after the summons got to my old address
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi all first time writing a topic so bare with pleaseFriday 20th may my work got a attachment of earnings order from Sheffield mag for me for a fine for the amount of £811 so I was well shocked as I didn't know where it come so dug a little deeper I.e rang the court within half hour of receiving the attachment of order and spoke to the enforcement team and it says it's from South Yorkshire police for alleged offence but wouldn't tell me over the phone (for some reason) left it rest of that day.Come Saturday 21st may I was curious to what i could actually drive so looking online to see on my licence and went on penalties/endorsements and to my shock I got a ms90 on my licence, £660 fine and 6 points (as a job as a delivery driver driving is my livelihood) the alleged offence happened in Aug 15 took me to court Feb 16 and that's where it's come fromWent into my local court Sheffield mag and made a statuary declaration as advised on what iv read on these forums, cause I didn't know about the summons for court Feb 16 and didn't know about the nip for speeding (found out after asking court) so iv got a court date of 3rd June to state my SDAfter finding out tonight (Monday 23rd may) that I sold my golf on the 7th April to a finance company in Warrington as a down payment on my new car I signed the log book to say iv sold it to them and it got sent that day, the alleged offence was in Aug but sold my car 4 month before so I shouldn't be liable for the 3 points but where do I stand with the ms90 with that get dropped cause I moved address from where the car was registered but that's not my fault dvla haven updated there records for the car ???Another question what do I actually say at the statuary declaration I definitely should plea not guilty yeh? Cause I didn't commit the offence in the first place and its dvla's fault for the car cause guessing the nip got sent to my old addressAny information appreciated
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.
When did you complete the v5 form?