Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

My father died 8yrs ago at the time I was told by my brother

Customer Question

My father died 8yrs ago at the time I was told by my brother (who is married to my stepmother daughter)and my stepmother ther was no will I got nothing nor did any of my 3kids ,but I've since met a woman who tells me ther was a will as she claims she signed it as a witness ,how do I find out
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I consulted a lawyer for advice bout 7yrs ago before I was told ther was a will but he advised me cos I had no evidence my dad had anything it cost me to much money to fight a case that was if the courts would even allow it to go that far,as that was unlikely as I had no 'record of my dads banks property saving etc
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes I've not got a clue of my entitlements if any at all ,or if I can even do anything I believe I should've got something tho wether ther was a will or not but I now think my brother n stepmother lied to me bout a will ,so that tells me I was included in it and one more thing I live in scotland and so did my dad all our lives
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've deposited the fee and not had a reply
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.Does she remember either what the will said or whether there were solicitors involved in the drafting of the will.
was there a will and does she remember if there were solicitors involved