Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My wife is in Nigeria and her study visa has expired she wants

Customer Question

my wife is in Nigeria and her study visa has expired she wants come home back to the uk but immigration said she must pay 5510 pounds fine. is this true
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: my wife who is dutchwent to study geology in Nigeria. her visa has expired and she wanta
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.
what does the 'fine' relate to and who is it from?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's to do with overstay on visa. Her papers to leave, and the cost to 'keep safe' approximately 550kgs of raw gold. I said why cant she pay for safe keeping of gold when back in England
who is seeking the sum?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I terminate my dealings with you today 14/5/16. I seek advice from my own lawyer on Monday.
Please do not take any further fees from my card or account please.
This is my written confirmation for you to cancel all future dealings between us. 14th May 2016.Thank you,Dr.Stephen Hewlett 14/5/2016
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
I fear that you are the victim of an internet scam.If you have actually met your wife and know her family in the Netherlands then I apologise, but I suspect that this is not the case.However if you wish to leave matters until Monday you can progress a refund from your side of the site